Friday, May 4, 2012

DIY Jewelry Holder




I have many pieces of costume jewelry and  a drawer that I store them in which I am unable to open.  For many reasons I would like an organizer that hangs and has all my jewelry hanging at eye level.

After watching + videos the light went on.  I wanted a framed organizer.












I went to our local recycle store and bought a 13 x 15 frame for $1.00.  Later I researched what to put in t he frame and agreed I would like a screening or metal insert.  Screening may not hold up and I may not beable to get it tight enough. Ta Dah!  I choose expanded metal as the insert material.

It is expensive and you buy it in a big sheet at hardware store.  I decided to visit a local iron works store to see if they had scrap.  They did, they cut it sanded it in just a half an hour and I was on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment